Instantly connect & get free advice from a golf expert
The Curated Take
I have owned this club for over 2 years and consider it one of my favorites. I use it from the tee more often than I hit my driver. The powerful launch angle, exceptional distance, and spin control allow me to shape and execute the shot I want at the moment without sacrificing too much distance compared to a driver. Playing from the fairway can be tricky, and you will experience less forgiveness than off the tee, but with practice, this club is a versatile club that will be a great addition to your quiver.
- Control from the tee box
- High ball flight with powerful launch
- Unmatched feel
- Not a good option for beginners with low club head speed.
The TaylorMade SIM2 Max Fairway is designed to deliver a vast array of mid-handicap players maximum launch by employing a low center of gravity with a V Steel sole that cuts through any turf condition. The confluence of low face forgiveness and fast face technologies expand the sweet spot for uncompromised distance and accuracy.
- V Steel with Ultra-Low CG – Constructed with an 80-gram V Steel sole improves turf interaction and versatility at impact, while tour-inspired shaping and center of gravity properties solicit high launch with low spin for explosive distance.
- ZATECH Titanium with Twist Face – The Twist Face design overcomes inherent player mishit tendencies on an ultra-strong face material to accelerate ball speeds from a greater impact area.
- Multi-Material Construction – Built with a light carbon crown, titanium body, and steel sole plate merges a multitude of materials to deliver improved launch performance with high MOI (moment of inertia or, in other words, resistance to twisting), stability and forgiveness.
- Thru-Slot Speed Pocket – Increasing face flexibility to maintain ball speeds over more of the face, Thru-Slot Speed Pockets are engineered into the sole to proliferate distance on even low mishits.