TaylorMade SIM2 Max OS Irons · Right handed · Steel · Regular · 5-PW, AW
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
Ask a golf expert a question about this product
- Are graphite or steel shafts right for me?
- What shaft flex is right for me?
- Can you show me more like this?
- Is this right for me?
- What iron set makeup is right for me?
- Ask your own question
The TaylorMade SIM2 Max OS Irons are designed for higher handicap players seeking longer distance and more forgiving ball flights from impact strikes on a large area of the club face. Multiple iron face technologies to ramp up ball speeds meld with forged-like feel to deliver players a powerfully lofted, forgiving iron with exceptional vibration dampening qualities.
- Oversized Shaping - Built with a wide sole, stronger lofts, and a draw bias to conteract common mishits and increase stability through impact.
- High Launch - Engineered with an optimized center of gravity placement for longer carry distances and proper decent angles for stopping power on the greens.
- Cap Back Design With A Thru-Slot Speed Pocket - Powered by this new design and an intelligently positioned hitting area spans many impact points for explosive ball speeds across the face.
- ECHO Dampening System - A soft dampening system enclosed by the Cap Back Design, streching from heel to toe, absorbs unwanted vibrations improving the feel and maximizing face flexibility for accalerated ball speeds.
Our community of experts are ready to help you find the right gear
Engineered to help mid-high handicap golfers hit better shots more often. The new cap back design added to the very popular Sim model makes the Sim2 Max the longest and most forgiving irons in the TaylorMade family of irons. These have a multi-material construction which promotes better forgiveness distance and feel from the normal cavity back irons. The OS version of the Sim2 means the club head is oversized making the sweet spot bigger, has a wider sole to make turf interaction smoother, and the lofts are stronger and have a draw bias to prevent slicing.
These irons are good for almost everything! TaylorMade has added a Thru-Slot Speed Pocket to increase ball speed and help with miss hits around the bottom grooves (thin shots). They also incorporate TaylorMade's Cap Back design which basically uses a combination of materials to support the entire back of the club to add stability and improve the sound and feel. Finally, each iron's face is uniquely designed using their Inverted Cone Technology (ICT) to deliver maximum ball speeds over a large area face and the straighter shots on off-center strikes. These irons are truly amazing and will help any golfer looking for greater distance with added forgiveness.
These irons are good for almost everything! Taylormade strengthened the lofts, added a Thru-Slot Speed Pocket to increase ball speed and help with miss hits around the bottom grooves. These also incorporate Taylormade's Cap Back design which basically uses a combination of materials to support the entire back of the club to add stability and improve the sound and feel of the club. They also have a unique face design in each iron to pair with their ICT for amazing forgiveness and to help with the most common miss hit in golf...the dreaded slice.
Players looking for a club that increases the enjoyment of the game. These clubs are playable by every skill level. These irons are easy to get the ball airborne. The oversized face makes it easy to square the club at address, and the graphite shafts will allow for a lighter shaft that will increase the speed of the clubhead through impact. Distance will be much more frequent and off-center hits will still fly long and straight.
The oversized face of these irons will create a high MOI (less movement of the club face through impact). The graphite shafts will help create faster clubhead speed for more distance. Between forgiveness and distance, this is a great club for a high handicapper looking to take the next step.