The Curated Take
The Marker Duke PT 12 is for the resort skiers who want to explore the backcountry or slack country. The Duke PT's are fairly straightforward and can even be used for just normal resort skiing. The bindings give the skier the option for a big day out to just a couple of runs on the resort which is exactly what it is made for. The advanced skier who wants to dabble in the backcountry is the target market for this binding and will allow for them to experience a different aspect of skiing. The bindings are not the lightest or easiest to use, but they are straightforward, durable, and have a reliable release which makes it one of the best hybrid bindings on the market.
- Durability and beefiness allows for reliability and peace of mind on the slopes
- Lighter weight on the uphill compared to other hybrid bindings when taking the toe piece off
- Easy use with some practice and straightforward performance that is consistent
- Can be annoying to have the alpine toe on when touring and sometimes I worry about losing the alpine toe.
- Relatively heavy compared to other hybrid or tech bindings, but the durability is unmatched.
The all new Duke PT 12 (DIN 4-12) combines the performance of a Squire with comfortable uphill properties of a pin binding. An absolute highlight is the innovative Ride & Hike toe. For walking mode the upper part is simply unlocked and tilted forward, uncovering the pin binding. To save swing weight the upper jaw part can be taken off and stored in a backpack. The multi functional Lock & Walk unit automatically locks the brakes and provides a 10° climbing aid. For downhill mode the front jaw section is clicked back onto the base plate, quadruple secured by the Auto Quad Lock technology. Now the toe piece works just like an alpine toe with all of its advantages! The heel is the latest generation of lightweight Hollow Linkage heels. The low height of 24 mm allows for direct power transmission and fast edge changes. Thanks to Sole.ID all Duke PT are compatible to alpine, touring and GripWalk boots.