Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
The Orvis “Chip” pack is great for anglers looking to travel light. It is extremely versatile and can be worn as a hip pack or it will actually clip on to the front of orvis waders or has a chest harness that can be used to wear it that way. The integrated tippet whippet keeps all my spools easily accessible and there are all sorts of nooks and crannies built in to attach nippers or hemostats, and built in fly patches. There’s tons of zipper pockets inside for storing extra leaders or split shot and even a clip for your keys and a Velcro strip to attach a waterproof bag. This is a super smart piece of equipment that holds just enough for a couple of hours on the water and keeps it all very accessible and easy to find.
- Super durable
- Great for a couple hours fishing
- No water bottle holder
The Orvis® Chest/Hip Pack is a versatile, grab-and-go, fly-fishing pack. The ergonomically designed 3L pack makes it easy to manage on-the-water fishing tasks. Depending on preference and conditions, it can either be worn on the chest or hip, making it ideal for day anglers who would rather fish than dig through pockets to look for gear.
- Tippet Whippet Recessed Docking Station – This includes a tippet bar that holds up to six tippet spools. Keep spools fixed and ready for fumble-free access when the need arises.
- Forceps Dock – Keep forceps and nippers attached to the side for easy access.
- Multiple Smaller Pockets – A zippered security pocket is a safe spot for a key fob, while front and side mesh pockets help keep smaller items securely stored and organized for quick usage.
- Bug-Out Backpack Compatible – This pack can be placed on the front straps of the Bug-Out Backpack, allowing for expandible storage options for longer trips.