Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
Any fly fishing angler who is setting up a fly fishing reel should consider Orvis Dacron Backing. The backing comes in 30lbs and 20lbs test strength and is available in white and fluorescent orange. The hollow material allows for splicing and the dacron material is low stretch with great knot retention strength.
- This is a great backing material assist in properly positioning fly line on a reel.
- This low stretch material holds knots well.
- Available in fluorescent orange to assist with quick visability.
- This material has a larger diameter than other backing material so a smaller amount can be spooled on a reel.
Orvis Dacron Backing is essential when setting up a fly fishing reel. The backing is connected to the short fly line and keeps you connected when a fish runs all the fly line is off the spool. This backing is braided dacron and comes in multiple colors, weights and lengths to meet the needs of any fly angler. Key Features:
- Multiple Weights – The backing comes in 30 lb. for steelhead, salmon, bonefish, and stripers, or 20 lb. for freshwater fish like trout, or bass.
- Multiple Colors – The backing comes in orange or white to fit an anglers color preference, or to help keep it visible in the water.
- Multiple Lengths – The backing comes in different lengths. Order enough for one reel spool or for multiple spools.