Orvis Dacron Backing · 20 lbs · 200 yds. · White
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a fly fishing expert a question about this product
- What's a more premium option?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What's a cheaper option?
- Is this right for me?
- What should I compare this to?
- Ask your own question
Orvis Dacron Backing is essential when setting up a fly fishing reel. The backing is connected to the short fly line and keeps you connected when a fish runs all the fly line is off the spool. This backing is braided dacron and comes in multiple colors, weights and lengths to meet the needs of any fly angler. Key Features:
- Multiple Weights – The backing comes in 30 lb. for steelhead, salmon, bonefish, and stripers, or 20 lb. for freshwater fish like trout, or bass.
- Multiple Colors – The backing comes in orange or white to fit an anglers color preference, or to help keep it visible in the water.
- Multiple Lengths – The backing comes in different lengths. Order enough for one reel spool or for multiple spools.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations
You need to put backing on your fly reel before you put on fly line or leader! This 100 yards of 20 pound test won't pack your reel too tightly. It's strong and durable. You can get hours and hours of use with this backing and you don't have to worry about it wearing down. It's built to last and looks great on your reel.