The Curated Take
Best fit for Mid to Lower handicap golfers but a player that is proficient with their iron game with a higher handicap should have no problems with this set. The JPX 921 Forged irons offer the perfect blend of forgiveness, technology, and traditional forging that only Mizuno can achieve. This is not a game-improvement iron but a game-enhancing iron with a bit of an assist.
- Great forgiveness, especially on toe strikes
- Nothing feels like a Mizuno and this is definitely included
- Comparable distance to competitors
- Might not be best for players that have a steeper swing
- Although forgiving, smaller profile may not provide most confidence with higher handicap golfers
The Mizuno JPX921 Forged Irons are engineered for lower handicap players demanding a stable, fast, and soft-feeling iron with classic appeal. A compact blade length, reduced offset, and a bevelled trailing edge delivers a sleek and fast look to the head, while optimizing workability.
- Grain Flow Forged – Forged in Japan with a precise Grain Flow process, they deliver a consistently soft feel through each iron.
- CNC Back Milled – A wider back milled slot increases stability over a large hitting area for optimal forgiveness from a compact head.
- Chromoloy 4120 – Allowing for a thin face in the 4-7-irons, this Chromoly material delivers fast peak and average ball speeds from a full-body forged iron.
- Stability Frame – Perimeter weighting with toe bias adds stability on off-center strikes.