Orvis Hydros Spare Spool · V · Silver
- We price match
Reel line weight
I (1-3 wt)
IV (7-9 wt)
III (5-7 wt)
V (9-11 wt)
II (3-5 wt)
Is this fly fishing reel right for you?
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Price comparisonYou’re getting the best price
Backcountry.com+ free shipping$159.00
Bass Pro Shops+ free shipping$159.00
Ask a fly fishing expert a question about this product
- What's a more premium option?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What should I compare this to?
- What's a cheaper option?
- Is this right for me?
- Ask your own question
The Hydros is Orvis’ mid-range, large arbor fly reel that is both lightweight and durable. The Hydros is a great fit for anglers wanting a well-featured, high-quality reel at a middleground price.
- Large Arbor Design – The large arbor makes each reel rotation more efficient at collecting fly line.
- Fully Sealed Drag System – The fully-sealed drag system allows the Hydros to be a versatile option for both fresh and saltwater applications.
- Zero Start-up Inertia – The Hyrdos has zero start-up inertia, which creates smoother and easier reeling.
- Narrow Spool – With a narrow spool, the Hydros has less overall line stacking and provides extra backing capacity.
Freshwater and Saltwater
Reel or Spool
WF9: 250 yds./30lb, WF10: 225 yds./30lb, WF11: 200 yds./30lb
Reel width (in)
Expert product review
Review by Curated Expert Danny Salinas
The Orvis Hydros Fly Reel is a great intermediate-level, fully machined reel that is durable, made for all waters with its sealed drag, and will last for years!
Recommended by Curated experts
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations
More from Orvis
Would an expert recommend this fly fishing reel for you? Find out now!