Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
The Orvis Encounter wading boot is a good wading boot for beginning anglers. The lightweight felt sole provides traction for wading in different stream bed conditions. The padded collar and the EVA sole provide comfort. The toe and heel caps provide extra protection against underwater wading hazards.
- This is an entry level wading boot.
- Felt soles provide excellent traction.
- The padded collar provides extra comfort.
- These boots can feel heavy, especially when wet.
- Felt soles are prohibited in some waterways.
We've added impressive new features to our updated men's Clearwater rubber sole wading boots.The men's Clearwater rubber sole wading boot is built with a full synthetic leather upper that provides comfort and durability without excessive seams. The boot is protected by a scratch rubber toe, vamp, and heel counter for added durability, and a heavy-duty rubber toe bumper protects the foot in tough wading conditions. An integrated EVA foam footbed offers all-day comfort and a wider fit. A phylon midsole and ESS plate provide stability, and excellent stud retention. The rubber outsole option has an aggressive lug design and strategic stud locations for enhanced grip. A complete upgrade of the best value-priced wading boot on the market. In gravel.
- Best value-priced wading boot in rubber or felt
- Full synthetic leather upper
- scratch rubber toe, vamp, and heel counter
- Heavy-duty rubber toe bumper
- Integrated EVA foam footbed
- Phylon midsole and ESS plate provide stability, and excellent stud retention