The Curated Take
Wilson NXT string is a really high quality multifilament string that works well for a variety of players. It is not the softest string out there, nor the most powerful but it offers a big boost in each of those compared to synthetic guts and polyester strings. Durability is not the best as it tends to notch quickly for bigger hitters. Spin generation is average at best as it doesn't snap back very well. This works quite well as part of hybrid setup to boost comfort and power vs a full polyester setup. Also great for players looking for a full bed with a solid mix of feel and power to upgrade from more basic synthetic gut strings.
- Easy on the arm
- Holds tension well
- Solid boost in power
- Durability is average for even a multifilament
- Spin generation is tougher than other similar strings
Wilson NXT tennis string is the closest thing to pure power and feels in a tennis string, except for natural gut string. Very similar to the playability of the natural gut string but at half the price, NXT will perform well while helping reduce vibration, which is ideal for those who have tennis elbow. For those who are looking for a smooth-as-butter feel to strings but want to save money, Wilson NXT string is the way to go.
- High-Performance Multifilament – Increases sweet spot while reducing vibration on contact with the ball.
- Natural Gut Feel – The closest thing in the market to the natural gut regarding feel and performance.
- Xycro Micro Fibers – This technology adds a different feel while including additional durability to the string.