Callaway Epic Speed Fairway Wood
- We price match
Instantly connect & get free advice from a golf expert
Ask a golf expert a question about this product
- What's a cheaper option?
- Can you show me more like this?
- How do I choose the right configuration?
- Is this right for me?
- What should I compare this to?
- Ask your own question
This fairway is the best of all worlds for the average or better player. It allows the player to hit long straight shots off the tee and fairway with its CG forward approach. The fairway has been my gamer since launch due to the distance it can give me in real world play. It took some getting used to initially since I was accustomed to having a moveable loft sleeve on my old club. I play the 3+ wood option and it took over as my driver when I was going through swing changes.
This fairway will give you both increased speed and workability if you are able to find comfort with the club. It has been one of the best options on the fairway market since launch even with the newest technology brought to market in the last few years.
I would recommend this fairway to players looking to gain some distance with their fairway or anyone who wants a fairway that allows for a workable flight.
- Low spin/launch makes the ball fly a long way
- Low profile good off any surface
- Workable for all player types
- Forgiveness is not its strong suit
- Bonded hosel - no ability to change loft or lie
- Smaller head can be intimidating to the novice player
Callaway‚ Epic Speed Fairway Wood is engineered for the low- to mid-handicap player preferring a lower spinning, mid-launching, and fast-faced fairway wood to maximize shot shape selections to advance the ball to specific locations.
- Forward Center of Gravity - Combined with a new leading edge, the Epic Speed‚ forward center-of-gravity position delivers profound spin robustness and control over shot dispersion.
- Velocity Blades - Newly designed Jailbreak Velocity Blades, spread and angled to further stiffen the body, allow for more flex from the face cup and accelerated ball speeds.
- A.I. Flash Face SS21 - This fairway wood is designed with Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) technology to apply a greater emphasis on ball speeds produced on center and off-center impacts.
- Forged C300 Maraging Steel - The high-strength C300 maraging steel face cup delivers outstanding flexibility and spin consistency across the face.
For the past few years, this has been my favorite club in my bag. When the driver disappears for a couple holes or a round, this is always reliable. While it is not as forgiving as the max version of this club, I still found it extremely forgiving and never had any massive issues with it. This club is also extremely hot. It pumps the ball out there on a perfect line and is also enjoyable to hit off the deck. The feel is also amazing. I've hit many three woods and this one is not too high pitched or pingy. It feels super solid and is very consistent off the face.
- Looks beautiful and neutral at address
- Gives one the ability to work the ball well off the tee
- With sufficient swing speed, it is seamless to hit off the deck
- Is not as forgiving as the max version of this club
The Callaway Epic Speed fairway woods are ideal for the player looking for a great all around performing fairway wood that is very easy to launch. Designed for extra speed, it has an aerodynamic head with no adjustable weights and a little lighter weight. It is lng and forgiving and is especially good in thin mishits. One consistent I've found with fitting this club is it consistently out performs expectations on shots low on the face. The face is on the shallow side so it's not good for someone who is steep and misses high on the face.
- Designed for extra speed
- Great ballspeed on mishits
- Easy to launch off any lie
- Not as forgiving as the Max model
Get personalized, unbiased product recommendations within minutes