Instantly connect & get free advice from a golf expert
Ask a golf expert a question about this product
- What's a cheaper option?
- Can I order custom golf clubs?
- Can you show me more like this?
- Can I trade in my old clubs?
- Is this right for me?
The Callaway Epic Speed fairway woods are ideal for the player looking for a great all around performing fairway wood that is very easy to launch. Designed for extra speed, it has an aerodynamic head with no adjustable weights and a little lighter weight. It is lng and forgiving and is especially good in thin mishits. One consistent I've found with fitting this club is it consistently out performs expectations on shots low on the face. The face is on the shallow side so it's not good for someone who is steep and misses high on the face.
- Designed for extra speed
- Great ballspeed on mishits
- Easy to launch off any lie
- Not as forgiving as the Max model
Callaway‚ Epic Speed Fairway Wood is engineered for the low- to mid-handicap player preferring a lower spinning, mid-launching, and fast-faced fairway wood to maximize shot shape selections to advance the ball to specific locations.
- Forward Center of Gravity - Combined with a new leading edge, the Epic Speed‚ forward center-of-gravity position delivers profound spin robustness and control over shot dispersion.
- Velocity Blades - Newly designed Jailbreak Velocity Blades, spread and angled to further stiffen the body, allow for more flex from the face cup and accelerated ball speeds.
- A.I. Flash Face SS21 - This fairway wood is designed with Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) technology to apply a greater emphasis on ball speeds produced on center and off-center impacts.
- Forged C300 Maraging Steel - The high-strength C300 maraging steel face cup delivers outstanding flexibility and spin consistency across the face.
If you are looking for a lower spin, slightly smaller looking 3 wood, this is for you. I've hit many 3 woods in the past few years and this one feels amazing off the face. I see no reason to take this club out of the bag and the way it feels highlights all other attributes. This 3 wood feels buttery off the center of the face and mishits aren't bad either. Whether you're looking for a fairway finder or a club to attack a green with, this is a great option.
- Feels hot off the face.
- Looks great at address
- This 3 wood is also very workable
- If one doesn't like a shiny look at address, this may not be the best choice.
- Some had issues with the look of the club as it has green highlights.
- For a higher handicap golfer, this club is not as forgiving as its brother, the Epic Max.
The Callaway Epic Speed fairway wood is both one of the better looking and performing clubs on the market. It puts a premium of classic look for the golfing traditionalist, while still offering the distance, launch and workability features that are common wants and needs in a fairway wood. This club is perfect for the low to mid handicap that expects the complete package.
- High launch properties allow for bigger carries.
- Ease of workability allows for a variety of shots.
- Long distance capabilities alongside the industries best.
- Dull sounding contact leaves something to be desired in the acoustics department.
Get personalized, unbiased product recommendations within minutes