Callaway Epic Max Driver
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
Ask a golf expert a question about this product
- How do I choose the right loft?
- Can you show me more like this?
- How do I choose the right flex type?
- Is this right for me?
- How do I choose the right shaft?
Callaway has been known to turn out some of the longest distances and the Epic Max driver is no exception. Almost all golfers look for a few things off the tee, distance, forgiveness, and launch, this driver excels in all three of those categories. The biggest drawback are sound and workability, but if you're driving it well down the fairway, does that even matter? I would recommend this driver for players of all skill levels.
- Most forgiving driver in the Epic family.
- Highest launch to ensure maximized carry.
- Extreme distance that we've come to expect from Callaway.
- Dull sounding driver that leaves a lot to be desired in the acoustics department.
The Callaway Epic MAX Driver is designed to deliver a wide array of golfers' tee shot games a boost in both distance and directional control, along with hosel adjustability and a draw-biased center of gravity optimized to reduce the effects of slice spin. With Callaway's advanced torsional control technologies, the Epic Max offers many players a high-launching, fast-ball-speed driver with exceptional stability for powerful forgiveness.
- High Forgiveness – Repositioning saved weight from a light Triaxial Carbon crown deepens the center of gravity and delivers draw bias and maximized MOI (Moment of Inertia or, in other words, resistance to twisting) for tighter downrange dispersion.
- Jailbreak Speed Frame – Constructed to enhance horizontal, as well as vertical torsional stability, a newly devised Jailbreak Speed Frame ramps up ball speeds from impacts across the face.
- A.I. Flash Face SS21 – Derived from Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) Technology and engineered to work in coordination with the Jailbreak Speed Frame, face and head geometry is uniquely enhanced in the driver for impressive spin robustness.
- Adjustable Perimeter Weighting – Constructed with a 16g sliding rear weight combined with an Opti Fit‚ the adjustable hosel provides up to 20yd of shot-shape correction to overcome any unwanted trajectory.
This product is excellent for players that are just getting into the game, or also high handicappers that need all the help they can get off the tee. In addition, the slight draw bias with the perimeter weighting slide offers loads of adjustability to the player whose ball flight changes often (left and right flights). Individuals also looking for a higher launching club will benefit greatly from this driver as the weight and launch characteristics are perfect for someone who hits it low. The Epic Max is also a great buy when the club is on sale as the new models will be several hundred dollars more and this is a steal for golfers who don't necessarily need the latest and greatest technology in their clubs.
- Extremely forgiving for players that don't always find the middle
- Slight draw bias with additional perimeter adjustability
- Great for launching the ball higher in the air
- Driver sound is very loud and pingy and will not be a good fit for someone who likes a muted club
Honestly thought this was the most amazing driver ever released by Callaway. I was always a hug Big Bertha fan, and then tried the Epic and all i can say is wow. the Distance, forgiveness, and the consistency was unreal. The amount that the max could be adjusted on the fly was insane. This is a great driver for all abilities.
- One of the greatest clubs Callaway made
- Superior distance
- incredible forgiveness and adjustability
- Not the newest anymore
Our community of experts are ready to help you find the right gear