Cleveland Launcher XL Irons · Right handed · Graphite · Regular · 5-PW, DW
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
Ask a golf expert a question about this product
- What shaft flex is right for me?
- Are graphite or steel shafts right for me?
- Is this right for me?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What iron set makeup is right for me?
- Ask your own question
The Cleveland Launcher XL Iron Set is engineered for a wide array of mid-level golfers seeking high, dependable launch from strikes across the face in a traditionally shaped iron design. Progressing from a hollow-body construction in the long irons to a cavity-backed construction in the shorter irons delivers high-launch and shot control forgiveness where needed throughout the set.
- XL Head Design – Built with a large head size to increase the MOI (Moment of Inertia, i.e., resistance to twisting) and stability through impact.
- MainFrame – Designed using artificial intelligence along with variable face technology and a unique weight pad ensures optimal ball speeds from impacts across the face.
- Action Mass CB – Placing an 8-gram weight inside the end of the grip enables improved balance delivering players more control without added effort.
- V-Shaped Sole – An elevated leading-edge design keeps the iron gliding through the turf with less drag in order to maintain clubhead speed and impart more energy to the golf ball.
Our community of experts are ready to help you find the right gear
The Launcher XL irons are the newest model game improvement iron from Cleveland. Like its predecessor (the UHX irons), these irons are designed with a hollow body in the 4-7 irons, and a cavity back in 8-Gap wedge; Blending power and forgiveness across the line.
The long irons feature wider, flatter grooves that produce lower spin, enabling greater distance. While the scoring clubs are milled with very thin, deep grooves that promote higher spin for greater holding power. They also continued to print both the iron and loft number on the sole of each club making it very easy to know exactly what you are hitting.
Like other Cleveland models, these also feature counter weighted shafts. Fixing an 8 gram weight to the butt of the club makes the club feel more stable, helping you keep it on plane to create more consistent contact and better shots.
- Bigger XL head design for Maximum distance and fun
-A.I. designed Main Frame variable face technology increases ball speed, while unique weights pads provide maximum forgiveness, no matter where you strike it
Action Mass Counter-Balance 8g weight placed inside the end of the grip for better balance and more control without extra effort
V-shaped sole features an elevated leading edge that glides through turf with lass drag to maintain speed and power on heavy strikes
Loft specific grooves:
4i-7i lofts have wider, flatter grooves
8i-DW lofts have closely-spaced, deeper grooves, providing more spin
Higher lofts also feature laser-milled grooves for enhanced friction
The Cleveland Launcher XLS are designed for increased distance and forgiveness. A larger head and with perimeter weighting mean a super high MOI and more forgiveness across the clubface. The MainFrame variable thickness face helps increase ball speed and increase club distances. Overall, these clubs are loaded with great tech. I also appreciate that the long irons are hollow-backed for more distance and forgiveness, while the scoring irons are cavity back for more control.