Get free gear advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
The Taylormade M4 Driver is the epitome of a club that can be used for any handicap. Even experienced golfers will benefit from the twist face technology, keeping your long drives straighter. Higher handicaps will also love the added distance they get, without sacrificing and forgiveness. It really is the best of both worlds.
While not overly workable, it still can adapt to natural draws and fades without overspinning the ball off the tee, giving it one of the purest forms of distance out there for any driver.
- Twist face for high levels of forgiveness.
- Pure, straight, effortless distance.
- Great feel and responsiveness off the face.
- Not very workable due to twist face forgiveness.
The TaylorMade M4 Driver was originally released in 2018 as TaylorMade's flagship driver. It is available now as a less expensive driver option when compared to the recent driver releases from major brands. The TaylorMade M4 Driver is forgiving and offers players increased distance from their tee shots. This driver is geared primarily towards the mid handicap player who is looking for a driver that will help with distance and forgiveness to get the ball down the fairway, closer to the green.
- Twist Face Technology – The face of this driver is designed with a slight curve or twist. This helps with the loft of the driver to be more consistent across the face, promoting a more consistent ball flight on off-center strikes. This helps off-center strikes fly straighter and longer, ultimately increasing the forgiveness and distance the M4 Driver produces.
- Geocoustic Sole – The sole of the M4 Driver is designed to promote an improved feel and sound for the player. This sole design results in the M4 Driver having a more dense sound at impact, which has become a staple in the TaylorMade driver market.
- Hammerhead Slot – The Hammerhead Slot insert behind the clubface provides two benefits for golfers with the M4 Driver. It allows for the sound and feel to be consistent across the face of the driver even for off-center strikes. The size of the sweet spot is also increased, which promotes a more forgiving face for players.