TaylorMade P790 Irons 2021 · Right handed · Stiff · 4-PW
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
Ask a golf expert a question about this product
- Is this right for me?
- What iron set makeup is right for me?
- Are graphite or steel shafts right for me?
- What shaft flex is right for me?
- Can you show me more like this?
- Ask your own question
The TaylorMade® P790 2021 Irons are ideally made for low- to mid-handicap players who demand a more exceptional feel, along with added distance from a wider area of the club face, than a player's shaped iron typically provides. Blending premium looks with face flexibility and fast face technologies solidifies reliable, penetrating ball flights.
- SpeedFoam™ Air – A weight savings of 3.5g (67% lighter than its predecessor) improves launch, delivering an exquisite sound and feel with a fast, flexible club face.
- Forged L-Face – Using a new 8620 carbon-steel construction thins out the face in strategic locations allowing a lower center of gravity placement with a responsive forged 4140 L-Face for great flexibility and a premium forged feel.
- Tungsten Mass – Placing 31g of tungsten at the toe of the iron creates increased stability and forgiveness in a player's shaped iron.
- Thru-Slot Speed Pocket™ – This is built into the iron to further increase face flexibility while preserving ball speeds and low face impacts.
Our community of experts are ready to help you find the right gear
The TaylorMade P790 have been one of the top distance irons since the release of the first generation. The combination of forged construction and "Speed Foam Technology" provides exceptional distance gains, forgiveness and workability. Their hollow cavity head injected with Speed Foam Technology serves a dual-purpose of generating ball speed and optimizing sound and feel. The TaylorMade P790 irons are designed for the player in search of unprecedented distance, high ball flight, and lower spin characteristics. P790's have a forged face with a clean classic design and subtle head offset. Loft comparison to AP3 7 iron - 31 vs. P790 7 iron 30.5. Forgiveness in the P790's feature a strategically placed metal-injection mold tungsten weighting for precise CG (center of gravity) placement and higher moment of inertia (MOI).
TaylorMade's best-selling and performing iron from 2020 just got better in 2021. This iron is packed with all the latest technology that TaylorMade has to offer in a player's iron including: a forged 4140 steel face in a hollow foam filled body with tungsten steel weighting to accelerate ball speeds while maintaining a tour level feel. It is constructed with a Thru-Slot speed pocket to ramp up ball speeds on low-impact shots. With the progressive inverted cone technology, each iron will improve accuracy and protect off-center ball speeds from losing distance.
- These irons provide game-improvement performance in a clubhead shape that is welcomed by even low-handicap golfers.
- Despite a blade-like appearance, the hollow-bodied iron construction has a thin forged face and tungsten weighting in the toe section to achieve higher flight, forgiveness, and distance.
- To soften up sound and feel, the irons are also injected with SpeedFoam, a foam-like urethane material designed to launch the ball further than ever.
This is an ultra-forgiving iron trapped inside of a blade that will satisfy mid handicappers and low handicappers alike. It provides game-improvement-style performance for even low handicap golfers. Despite a blade like appearance, the hollow-bodied iron construction has a thin forged face and tungsten weighting in the toe section to achieve higher ball flight, forgiveness, and distance. To soften up sound and feel, the irons are also injected with SpeedFoam, a foam-like urethane material, this is truly a best of both worlds kind of iron. This iron's technology by TaylorMade is out to prove yet again why the P790 is the best of the best.
Players distance iron from TaylorMade, this one has the look of a blade but a slightly thicker profile to provide fantastic forgiveness and distance while maintaining the workability near that of a blade iron. It is ideal for players looking for a workable iron with great distance and forgiveness, but who are not quite consistent enough to go down to a blade type iron.