Get free gear advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
Low-mid handicappers seeking distance, forgiveness, feel, and a small compact iron.
- FeelProduces an explosive yet soft feel at impact.
- LaunchEasy to play with good launch and descent angles.
- DistanceExceptionally long and offers more distance than typical blades.
- SoundProduces pleasant impact sound.
- ForgivenessProvides more forgiveness than typical blade irons.
- WorkabilityOffers workability despite thicker toplines.
The TaylorMade® P790 2021 Irons are ideally made for low- to mid-handicap players who demand a more exceptional feel, along with added distance from a wider area of the club face, than a player's shaped iron typically provides. Blending premium looks with face flexibility and fast face technologies solidifies reliable, penetrating ball flights.
- SpeedFoam™ Air – A weight savings of 3.5g (67% lighter than its predecessor) improves launch, delivering an exquisite sound and feel with a fast, flexible club face.
- Forged L-Face – Using a new 8620 carbon-steel construction thins out the face in strategic locations allowing a lower center of gravity placement with a responsive forged 4140 L-Face for great flexibility and a premium forged feel.
- Tungsten Mass – Placing 31g of tungsten at the toe of the iron creates increased stability and forgiveness in a player's shaped iron.
- Thru-Slot Speed Pocket™ – This is built into the iron to further increase face flexibility while preserving ball speeds and low face impacts.