Get free gear advice from a fishing expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
This is an excellent surf rod for those looking to cast long distances with ease. It casts very well over sandbars and when aiming for troughs and breaks in the surf where fish feed. It has the necessary backbone to fight big species like bull redfish, black drum, and even many shark species, and it has enough sensitivity to feel the smallest bite from smaller species like pompano and whiting.
- -Casts with ease and with serious distance
- -Enough backbone to fight bull reds and even sharks
- -Accurately casts over sandbars and into troughs where fish feed
- -Given that it is 12', the two 6' sections are still rather long and bulky
- -It is a heavy rod and not meant for casting all day
- -It can be tiresome when moving around several surf setups on the beach
The Temple Fork Outfitters Tactical Surf Rod is a moderate-fast to fast-action, medium to heavy power rod that intermediate to advanced anglers would use for surf fishing. These rods are built to withstand the harsh saltwater environment. Black EVA foam grips and rubber butt caps ensure comfortable handling of the rod.
- Fuji K Series Guides With Alconite Inserts – These saltwater safe guides help with smooth line management while both casting and fighting fish.
- Uplocking Pipe Style Reel Seat – The reel seat is designed to securely hold the reel in place while maintaining sensitivity.
- Lifetime Warranty – These rods come with a lifetime warranty against defects.