Callaway Mack Daddy CB Wedge
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
Ask a golf expert a question about this product
- Is this right for me?
- What lofts should I get for my wedges?
- Which wedge grind is most forgiving?
- What bounce should I get for my wedges?
- Are graphite or steel wedge shafts right for me?
- Ask your own question
This product is great for beginners and high handicappers that play on very lush course conditions. If you often play where there is very green, thick grass throughout the golf course, these are your best friend. The amount of bounce that they have is great in that kind of scenario, as it prevents your club from digging into the ground before you hit the ball. However, if you play on more firm course conditions, I would recommend staying away. The amount of bounce would lead to lots of thinned shots at that point.
- Really wide sole
- Good amount of spin
- very forgiving
- Lots of bounce
- Not much versatility
- Seamless Transition From Cavity Back Irons You'll have the confidence of an iron with the control of a wedge, thanks to the deep cavity back, slightly larger head and thicker topline.
- Player Friendly Sole Grinds Two sole grind options for better consistency. A full sole in the lower lofts creates easy, iron-like turf interaction. The modified W Grind in mid and higher lofts enhances bounce for more forgiveness out of bunkers and thick rough.
- Aggressive Spin and Enhanced Control Our proprietary JAWS groove delivers precise edge sharpness on every groove, for maximum grip and spin from all types of lies. Lofts 46° through 52° have conventional grooves, and lofts 54° through 60° have full-face grooves.
- Premium Shafts & Grips Available in a high-performance KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 105 steel shaft, and an all-new KBS Hi-Rev G graphite shaft. We partnered with Golf Pride to offer an all-new SG-1 short game grip for enhanced control.
Definitely great for someone who's shooting in the 80s or 90s. It's got a thicker top line and a little bit more weight to help with forgiveness and distance. While this is a bigger wedge, it still maintains a pretty sleek profile so it's not too chunky like some other super forgiving wedges out there.
- Extremely forgiving
- Great for distance
- Keeps the same spin, launch, and feel as other slimmer
- Might be too big for those who are used to slim wedges
This is the best wedge on the market for someone who wants a soft feeling forged wedge with a little bit of forgiveness. Great feel and spin. The cavity back design adds a nice little measure of forgiveness. There is only 1 bounce option which would be my only complaint but the mid bounce sole offered works for most people. Graphite shaft option is great for people wanting to get graphite in their wedges to match their irons.
- Very forgiving wedge
- Great feel from forged head
- Great spin
- A little larger than a traditional wedge
Our community of experts are ready to help you find the right gear