Instantly connect & get free advice from a golf expert
This ball may be the most impressive non-club piece of equipment that Taylormade has ever released. An unbelievably perfect blend of green side spin and feel, and full shot consistency. This performs as you would expect a tour ball to, and it delivers exactly what any serious player needs it to. After experiencing the added distance, workability and consistency, you'll make the switch, too.
- Unmatched distance
- Promotes a higher ball flight
- Incredible green side feel and spin
- Not as soft feeling as some other balls
- Sometimes too much spin on full wedge shots
- Not for players looking for a lower ball flight
The TaylorMade TP5x is designed to deliver players with the fastest swing speeds a tour-level golf ball can provide, offering incredible performance off the tee, from the fairway, and around the green. A 5-layer construction promotes high launch and wedge spin, piercing ball flights, along with a soft feel for an optimal combination of distance and control. Key Features:
- Tour Flight Dimple Pattern — Promoting maximum carry distance and a steep angle of descent for profound stopping power, especially from the longer irons, the golf balls are engineered with their Tour Flight Dimple Pattern.
- 5-Layer Design – Delivering the fastest ball speeds, each golf ball is constructed with four increasingly stiff layers enclosed in a cast urethane cover for enhanced performance from tee shots to approach shots.
- Soft Cast Urethane Cover — Improving groove interaction on greenside shots for better feel and more spin, a cast urethane cover is engineered into the golf ball.
- HFM Speed Layer — To increase ball speeds, the golf ball is built with an HFM Speed Layer delivering reliable distance.
The TaylorMade TP5x is a top-tier, premium ball designed for low-handicap players who desire total control over their game. It is firmer, faster and produces lower spin than its TP5 counterpart - typically providing steeper angles that stick to greens on approach.
The TP5x is assembled with five increasingly stiff layers and enclosed in cast urethane. This design increases distance, enhances flights and gives the player an unbelievable amount of control over the ball. It excels in windy conditions and - in my opinion - is the best ‘weather-ball’ on the market. It also provides a VERY satisfying sound on club contact - which can be especially useful while gauging putt speed.
The ball has several advocates within the PGA Tour, including Dustin Johnson, Rory McIlroy, and Tommy Fleetwood.
The TP5x is a premium ball and therefore comes at a premium cost. High-handicaps might not reap the benefits from the ball’s intricate design. Low-handicap players seeking a ball with more spin might consider the TP5 instead.
- Firm, fast and produces low spin.
- Increases distance, enhances ball flights and provides workability.
- Excellent in the wind and rain.
- Players who desire more spin and stopping power might prefer the TP5 instead of the TP5x.
The TaylorMade TP5x golf has a cast urethane cover which most major tour-level golf balls are made with. This is TaylorMade's fastest and longest golf ball without sacrificing feel and sping around the green. This ball is trusted by some of the best golfers in the world. Overall this ball is perfect for the better golfer that wants to add some distance off the tee.
- Best distance ball for high speed swingers
- Amazing spin control around the greens
- Only 5-piece tour ball in the game
- Urethane hard cover may not be suitable for slow swingers
Get personalized, unbiased product recommendations within minutes