Get free gear advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
The Osprey Talon 33 is a premium day pack option for day hikes or even lightweight overnights. It's super adjustable for the best fit and offers more space than you'd expect. The Talon 33 is ideal for the day hiker looking for a lightweight, comfortable companion that can carry food, gear, and anything else you may need on longer day hikes. The front stretch pocket is perfect for storing an extra layer and the two side pockets offer extra room for water bottles, snacks, or just about anything else. I took this bag trekking through the Himalayas for over a month and it was the perfect day pack for long treks. I found it to be ultra comfortable and offered excellent breathability which reduced back sweat. The waist belt feels super sturdy but is still lightweight and comfortable, plus there's two small pockets for storing a granola bar or head lamp. Overall, Osprey killed it with the Talon 33.
- The Talon 33 offers excellent breathability.
- This bag is super comfortable, no fatigue on long treks.
- Super lightweight for how much it can fit, ideal for long day hikes or even overnighters.
- The lid isn't adjustable which limits its capacity.
Designed for outdoor adventurers looking for comfort and versatility, the Osprey Talon 33 is a daypack that can carry whats needed for long days bagging peaks, fast and light overnights, bike packing missions, long mountain bike tours, and more. The harness system keeps the pack close to the body, maximizing comfort and efficiency, whether on two feet or two wheels.
- AirScape Suspension™ Backpanel – Osprey designed the suspension system on the Talon 33 to move with the body on technical terrain, or while biking.
- Sustainable Materials – Osprey used bluesign®-approved nylon with a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish to maximize durability while still being kind to the environment.
- Stow-on-the-Go™ – The trekking pole stow system provides a convenient spot to stash poles when hands are needed, or on steeper terrain.
- Stretch Pockets – A large, mesh front panel pocket, and two mesh side pockets, offer plenty of easy-to-access storage for essentials like water bottles, extra layers, sunscreen or snacks.