Völkl Blaze 106 Women's Skis
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
Ask a ski expert a question about this product
- What's a more premium option?
- How does it compare to last year's model?
- What should I compare this to?
- Is this right for me?
- What's a cheaper option?
- Can you show me more like this?
The Völkl Blaze 106 W women's skis are best suited for someone looking for lighter all-mountain skis or a touring skis that can be aggressive and playful on downhills. These are extremely maneuverable and reward a forward-leaning skier who loves to get into tighter, more playful terrain on the mountain, such as bumps or trees. The maneuverability comes from the ski's geometry; Völkl's 3D Radius sidecut provides a longer sidecut radius on the tips and tails and tighter radius at the center, while Suspension Tip technology works to keep the ski tracking and floating predictably in both powder and choppy snow.
- 3D Radius Sidecut – Combining a longer turn radius at the tips and tails and a short turn radius at the center, the Blaze is comfortable making a variety of turn shapes from long GS carves to tight turns.
- Suspension Tip Technology – A rubbery TPS insert in the tips and tails dampens vibrations through the ski when traversing choppy and variable terrain, keeping the ski composed and stable underfoot.
- Lightweight Construction – The poplar and beech wood core keeps the ski light underfoot yet provides torsional stiffness, making it ideal for either touring or lightweight all-mountain resort skiing.
- Women's-Specific Design – Coming in shorter lengths overall, the women's version of the Blaze 106 maintains the same construction technology but is accessible to people looking for shorter skis.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations.
At 106 underfoot, the blaze is a light and fun powder ski with a quick and agile feel. It has a thin layer of titanal underfoot to help dampen any rough stuff. It only weighs 1600g so walks uphill will be a breeze. It is oriented towards those trying to make many short turns down the run, but the sidecut will allow for longer arcs to be made too.
All of the good of skis like the Mantra and Secret, in a lighter and more agile package! These skis are a great new offering from Volkl that are more versatile and fun than their typical damp and stable options.
Trees, Moguls, Groomers, Powder days, slush, crud, you name it!