Burton Cartel EST Snowboard Bindings · 2023
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a snowboard expert a question about this product
- How do I choose the right size?
- What boots go with these bindings?
- Is this right for me?
- What are the best snowboards for these bindings?
- Can you show me more like this?
The Burton Cartel EST has been in the game for a long time, and there is a reason for that. This binding is stiff, durable, comfortable, and does it all. The adjustable forward lean is pivotal in the equation for locking in toe side pressure. The hammock strap 2.0 ankle straps are designed for all day comfort and alleviate ankle pressure points. Last but not least, these bindings operate on a hinge that flexes with your legs for less fatigue, better foot roll, and better control! The Cartel has made it this many years for a reason and it will make it many more years because the Cartel EST is a stiff and well-rounded binding that helps to ensure you control your next turn.
- A stiff binding for hard charging.
- Flexible hinge system that connects with the board well.
- Supergrip Capstrap toe strap helps to fully lock the boot into place.
- Most multi-tools do not work to adjust the mounting bolts.
- The window to view foot angle can clog with snow easily.
The Burton Cartel is a medium-stiff flex binding that is designed to maximize stability, control, and connection to the board. These bindings are the perfect tool to stay in command during all of the rider’s biggest lines.
- SensoryBED Cushioning System – This cushioning system provides the rider with a comfortable ride and great connection to the board.
- Hinge Hi-Back – The Hinge hi-back is constructed to flex with the rider and increase the rider’s ability to manipulate and use the flex of the board.
- Smooth Glide Buckles – High-quality buckles are easy to secure, super durable, and ultra-strong.
- Hammock 2.0 Ankle Strap – This ankle strap is super strong and very low profile. It locks the rider into the binding better than almost every other ankle strap.
This product is great for hard chargers that like to ride everything, big mountain lines, groomers, trees, park...everything! The Hammockstrap 2.0 ankle strap is comfortable and never cuts off too much circulation in the ankle. It also does a great job locking the heel into place when cinched down tight. The Burton toe strap does a greet job at keeping the foot firmly in place and helps lock in every turn. The adjustable high back really helps to dial in toe-heel turning pressure, whatever your style is. This is a stiffer binding which means that you will really feel connected to your board. This allows really snappy turns and maneuvers. I also shred this binding in the powder and it never feels to twitchy. I have two pairs of Cartels and I feel like that is not enough. Burton knocked it out of the park on this one!
- Hard chargers that want to be in control.
- The boot is easily held in with the secure toe strap.
- The view hole for angle adjustment makes it so easy.
- The cushioning on the foot bed is pretty thin.
- This version of the binding only works on channel boards (EST).
- The flex strap will break after 3 years. It is a $5 part so no biggie.
Ive been riding Burton cartels for about 10 years, and in my opinion they are the creme de la creme of all mountain bindings. These bindings are meant for the Intermediate/advanced rider who wants the utmost responsiveness from their gear.
The Cartel EST bindings are perfect when you're bombing the groomers or expertly navigating tree runs or the backcountry. They are extremely lightweight and on the stiffer side, so much so that sometimes you forget you're even strapped in, until you think "toe side turn", make the slightest adjustment in weight, and off you go.
The only downside of the bindings are also their greatest strengths; because of how stiff and responsive they are some discomfort can happen if you're putting in long days of riding, also because they are EST bindings which allows an unlimited number of mounting options, they require the burtons signature "channel" binding system so if you dont have that specific tech then you wont be able to mount these to your board
- Extremely responsive
- unlimited mounting angle options through EST
- Requires "The Channel" to mount, exclusive to burton boards
- This binding is on the stiffer side, which can cause some discomfort
- Not meant for Parks or Jibbing
Are these right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations