Srixon ZX5 Irons
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
Ask a golf expert a question about this product
- Are graphite or steel shafts right for me?
- Is this right for me?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What iron set makeup is right for me?
- What shaft flex is right for me?
- Ask your own question
These irons are strong all-around performers in my opinion, but don't stand out as exceptional in any one particular area. What I was most impressed by is how consistent my carry distances with these irons are on solid strikes. They also look great at address and in the bag as well, and produce a soft, solid feel at impact. They are not as long or forgiving as some other options, especially a lot of the newer modern hollow-back design models, but they fly much more consistently.
- Consistent carry distances
- Clean compact look at address
- Soft feel
- Not as long or forgiving as hollow irons
The Srixon ZX5 Irons are for low to mid-handicap players seeking a forgiving yet workable iron with a premium on a soft forged feel. Combining powerful ball speed technologies with tour-refined shaping and V-Shaped soles delivers a sharp look at address and impact tolerances for optimal launch.
- Mainframe – Maximizing COR for amplified ball speeds and distance, a milled pattern is imprinted on the backside of the irons.
- Progressive Grooves – Wide, shallow grooves in the longer irons deliver consistent launch, while sharp, deeper, narrow grooves in the 8-iron through Pitching Wedge provide more spin control on approach shots.
- Tour V.T. Sole – Gliding smoothly through the turf, providing reliable launch angles, V-Shaped soles can swing through various lies while maintaining clubhead speeds.
- Multi-Piece Construction – A forged SUP10 face enhances ball speeds and is housed in a forged 1025 Carbon Steel body absorbing unwanted vibrations for a smooth feel.
The Srixon ZX5 iron is a players distance iron for the mid handicap range player. Designed with a forged head to increase feel while maintaining great forgiveness and distance out of a cavity back distance iron. Also creates a great combo set with the Srizon ZX7 for players seeking extra help out of the ZX5 in longer iron ball striking.
- Distance in all clubs and even off the tee
- Large sweet spot
- Workable launch angles
- High handicappers may look at ZX4
- Low handicappers may like ZX7 in shorter irons
The Srixon ZX5 Irons are some of the best irons on the market for someone who wants a forgiving forged club. They feel incredible from the soft forged heads but the tungsten weighting and extreme cavity make them super forgiving. The faces are hot so they go a very long way. The V sole provides better turf interaction for most players and really makes these easy to dial in!
- Amazing forgiveness for forged club
- Amazing forged feel
- Great turf interaction from V sole
- Not as workable as other forgings
Our community of experts are ready to help you find the right gear