The Curated Take
The QST 92 is a fantastic option for intermediate to advanced skiers looking for a versatile, accessible ski that performs well in a mix of on-and-off piste conditions. When I tested this ski last March, I came in with low expectations. The 90-94mm-waisted all-mountain ski is a crowded category, and I was not expecting to be wowed by the QST 92. I could not believe how wrong I was. The QST 92 is a very high-performing, versatile ski that excels in a range of conditions. Turn initiation was easy and intuitive, whether in a centered stance or driving through the nose of the skis. The QST 92s felt stable and predictable, with very nice rebound energy from one turn into the next. For sure, there are more playful park-oriented skis out there, and there are super-damp heavy chargers that will be more stable at Mach looney speeds - but if you are not pushing the envelope in the park or charging through variable snow, the Salomon QST is a great choice for a ski that can handle a mix of eastern and western skiing - - Or a ski for those lower tide days out West.
- Easy turn initiation
- Splits the difference between 'directional" and "playful"
- Mix of on and off-piste skiing
- Not as stable at speed as some other options.
- Not a park ski.
The Salomon QST 92 is an approachable yet high performing all-mountain freeride ski for intermediate to advanced skiers. While this isn't the most aggressive ski in the QST lineup, it provides a level of performance that can be excellent for a range of skill levels. A durable construction and user friendly shape help boost confidence all over the mountain. Key Features:
- All Terrain Rocker – An all-mountain rocker profile consisting of 18% tip rocker and 12% tail rocker with camber underfoot provides a stable platform for all snow conditions.
- Poplar Full Woodcore – A full woodcore is designed to provide even flex and rebound while keeping the ski lightweight.
- Powerframe TI – A Titanal insert underfoot runs through the entire ski to provide stability and dampening for aggressive skiers.