The Curated Take
This ski offered a top level experience through deep snow. It felt great underfoot, and it was stable and responsive in the deep, heavy snow. It has a great flex pattern to it that lends to an easy groomer experience, and doesn't fight back or fold over too much when you try to make some sharp turns on packed snow. Easy feel in the tail and a wide maneuverable tip makes surfing this ski through the deep snow a breeze.
- Deep or soft snow powerhouse
- Great flexibility without sacrificing stability
- Easy turns for a big ski
- Little heavier than it looks
- Can chatter just a bit at high speed
- Takes some effort to get up on edge at slower speeds
The Salomon QST Blank is a seriously bomber freeride ski built for advanced to expert level skiers, that was designed by the Salomon team riders themselves. This ski is 112mm underfoot, filling the gap in the Salomon QST series perfectly, smack in the middle of the QST 106 and QST 118. These skis are energetic, snappy, and supportive. This ski is torsionally stiff, which gives it amazing underfoot grip and carving power, and adds to on- and off-trail versatility. Carbon in the tips and tails keeps weight down, and a cork damplifier keeps a solid and stable feel and eliminates chatter at any speed. Get ready for a fun and energetic ride on any powder or big mountain adventure.
- Cok Damplifier – Using cork in the tip and tail enables a high level of absorption and dampening while reducing weight in the ski. Cork is one of the most absorptive materials that can be sued when building a ski.
- Carbon Weave – Patented weave provides superior and unrivaled versatility due to the power of carbon and flax together. This allows for one of the best performance-to-weight ratios on the market.
- Double Sidewall Construction – A high-density injected piece of ABS underfoot, combined with full-length sidewalls, creates a strong platform underfoot for maximum grip, especially on firmer or icy snow.