Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal Irons
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
Ask a golf expert a question about this product
- How do I choose the right flex type?
- How do I choose the right shaft?
- Is this right for me?
- Can you show me more like this?
- Do I need steel or graphite shafts?
The Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal Irons are ideal for someone looking for a game improvement iron with a traditional look and enhances feel. These irons are very forgiving and easy to hit. They are very long and very easy to launch. The soles are designed for optimal turf interaction for most players. They are not the most workable clubs. One constant with these in fittings and in my own testing is they like to launch high and go straight. Optimal spin to hold greens.
- Very forgiving
- Easy to launch
- Very long
- Not very workable
The Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal Irons are for the mid to high-handicap player demanding exceptional forgiveness without sacrificing feel and aesthetics. Utilizing the resilience of a Chromoly material in complex face geometry paired with accelerated ball speed technology provides controllable landing angles to target any point on the fairway or green.
- Chromoly 4140M – Derived from a 3rd generation Chromoly material, a re-engineered CORTECH .2mm thin face spans the sweet spot for exceptional feel and distance.
- Seamless Cup Face – A variable thickness sole design allows the leading edge to act as a hinge, delivers enhanced face flexing imparting accelerated ball speeds and dependable launch angles.
- Harmonic Impact – Three sound ribs following predicted vibration patterns add a solid sensation through impact for an impeccable feel.
- Stability Frame – Permiter weighting with a toe bias emphasis enhances stability for consistent ball speeds from center and off-center strikes.
The Hot Metal Irons are perfect for the 10-15 handicap player rapidly improving, but still wanting a higher launching ball flight and lots of forgiveness. This iron set has the look of a true performance iron with the thinner top line. It is very attractive at first glance and one will be hooked once they hit it. A great iron choice!
- These irons are the total package
- Higher launching with the lower COG
- Explosive off the clubface
- Higher launching than most Game improvement irons
The JPX921 irons are a great option for someone looking at Mizuno equipment. They have a center backing to them that truly allows for pure contact. Off-centered strikes carry almost as far as center contact strikes. Anyone looking to upgrade for a fair price (around $1000) for a whole set will find success translate to their iron game.
- Sleek, sharp design
- Off centered striking still carries quite a ways
- Increased ball swing when measured
- Distance was comparable to old irons, was hoping for more distance
Our community of experts are ready to help you find the right gear