Get free gear advice from an expert
I purchased this iron set in hopes of getting a blade style set that offered some forgiveness. The first time I took it out on a course, I was blown away by the incredible feel on a pure struck shot. It felt like hitting a tennis ball with a metal baseball bat, like nothing happened! The only way I knew I hit it well was the audible "crack" I heard as I watched the ball sailed toward the pin. I also love the ability to attempt a "hero shot" if I feel like it. I was able to hit a high sweeping cut (intentional slice was more like it) through a gap in some trees and park the ball 15ft from the pin with my 7 iron from 170 yards away. These irons feel like butter, and have made me a better player, with most of the thanks for that going to the feedback on miss hit shots, as you definitely feel it when you don't strike the ball pure. They look incredible as well!
- Players looking for an extremely workable iron
- Players who prioritize sound and feel on their irons
- Players who like the "blade" look at address, but want some extra forgiveness
- These are for players who strike the ball well consistently
- Can be intimidating looking down at address due to the thinner topline
The Mizuno JPX921 Tour Iron Set is for accomplished players demanding a soft forged feel along with a fusion of precision and stability from slight mishits. Melding added thickness behind the face with tour refined short iron shaping solicits smooth turf interaction and appealing aesthetics.
- Grain Flow Forged – Delivering an identifiable consistently soft feel, a patented Grain Flow Forged process from a 1025E Pure Select Mild Carbon Steel molds each iron.
- Tour Flighted – Toe bias weighting within the Stability Frame of the iron body provides a more extended center of gravity distance to produce reliably straight ball flights.
- Refined Short Irons – A narrow sole design in the shorter irons cleans up turf interaction splitting through any lie, ensuring consistent launch.
- Harmonic Impact – Evolved from studying vibration patterns, a thicker cavity pad allows feedback from impact to be derived a fraction longer.
- Pearl Brush Finish – Constructed with an anti-glare finish to minimize distractions over the ball.
The Mizuno JPX921 Tour irons are good for mid to low handicap golfers who strike the ball consistently, and want to work shots from side to side and up and down. These irons give great feedback on shots hit less than perfect, without being too punishing. They are great for golfers who prioritize feel and control from their Irons.
- Incredible feel off the face
- Very easy to control trajectory and shape
- Very forgiving for a blade style iron
- Less forgiving than the game improvement models
- Easier to hit hooks or slices because they are designed to be workable.
These irons are perfect for the low handicap golfer who is looking to work their shots from either direction. Anyone who values a smooth, soft feel at impact will love these irons. Not only do they look magnificent but they feel and sound it as well. By far some of the best player irons you could get and tour-win proven.
- Softest feel at impact.
- Reduced offset for more workability in shot shaping.
- Unbeatable sound that is soothing to the ears.
- These irons are very blade-like with a thin top line, therefore they are not very forgiving on off-center hits.
Our community of experts are ready to help you find the right gear