The Curated Take
The Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal Pro Irons are some of the best irons released by Mizuno in 2021. The irons are very forgiving, which is good for new and mid to high-handicap players. However, they are made out of Chromoly, giving the club a more smooth feel despite not being forged. Overall, the irons are top-notch and would be a great set for a player wanting to lower their score, but still not good enough for player's irons.
- Amazing feel
- Solid forgiveness
- Increased Distances
- Not a forged iron
- Not as workable as other irons
The Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal Pro Irons delivers mid-handicap players forgiving iron technology that does not sacrifice optimum feel and appealing aesthetics. Additionally, a reduced offset in a compact profile houses the same game improvement benefits as the Hot Metal Iron that inspires added confidence to cut through various lies.
- Chromoly 4140 – Engineered with a CORTECH face built with a thin .2mm Chromoly design that provides a soft feel from an expansive hitting area.
- Seamless Face Cup – A variable thickness sole construction allows the leading edge to act as a hinge imparting enhanced face flex for faster ball speeds.
- Harmonic Impact – Three sound ribs positioned internally at predicted vibration patterns produce a solid sensation at impact.
- Stability Frame – Positioning mass at the perimeters with added toe bias weighting provides stability from off-center strikes.
- Pearl Brush Finish – An anti-glare finish minimizes distractions over the ball.