Get free gear advice from an expert
The Cleveland Launcher XL Iron set is for the high-handicap golfer. It offers a maximum amount of forgiveness, a great launch and a whole lot of distance. This iron has a thicker top line and is going to have minimal workability, but is going to help a higher handicap player find more fairways and hit more greens in regulation.
- Minimal Workability
The Cleveland Launcher XL Iron Set is engineered for a wide array of mid-level golfers seeking high, dependable launch from strikes across the face in a traditionally shaped iron design. Progressing from a hollow-body construction in the long irons to a cavity-backed construction in the shorter irons delivers high-launch and shot control forgiveness where needed throughout the set.
- XL Head Design – Built with a large head size to increase the MOI (Moment of Inertia, i.e., resistance to twisting) and stability through impact.
- MainFrame – Designed using artificial intelligence along with variable face technology and a unique weight pad ensures optimal ball speeds from impacts across the face.
- Action Mass CB – Placing an 8-gram weight inside the end of the grip enables improved balance delivering players more control without added effort.
- V-Shaped Sole – An elevated leading-edge design keeps the iron gliding through the turf with less drag in order to maintain clubhead speed and impart more energy to the golf ball.
The Cleveland Launcher XLs are great irons for someone in that mid to high handicap range who wants to add distance and not sacrifice control. The club head is wider than other irons, creating an impact zone that allows for more missed hit shots to find their target. They launch off the face differently than other irons, but still create great distance and maintain good control.
- First glance these are aesthetically amazing
- Club head is very wide allowing for forgiving shots
- Distance is huge
- Launch is higher than I would like, but still creates great distance
These are some of the most underrated irons on the market. They do everything well. They are long and forgiving and have great feel. They also have enhanced turf interaction with the V sole which helps players make better contact. They are a little large and thick for better players but anyone looking a really forgiving set that does everything well this is one to look closely at.
- Fantastic all around irons
- Very forgiving and long
- Great turf interaction with V sole
- Cleveland brand is easy to overlook
Our community of experts are ready to help you find the right gear