Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
The POC Obex Mips is an incredible helmet. From protection and fit to functionality and overall appearance, it hits all the marks. While protection is important, I really wanted a comfortable helmet that offered good airflow and didn't make me look like I had a bowling ball on my head. This helmet is super comfortable because it has a dial-controlled internal adjustment system and is easily changed while riding. On powder days, I can wear a balaclava underneath, and it will fit perfectly, and on hot days, I can wear it straight on my head, dial down the fit, and it's just as snug. The ventilation adjustment is right on top of the helmet and very easy to use if you want to cool off. I wish you could adjust the front airflow, but they designed it that way to push air to your goggles and keep them from fogging. When it comes to helmet safety, POC sets the bar, in my opinion. The company has a huge ski race background, so safety is necessary. They bring that to all of their products, especially their helmet line. Pair that with MIPS, and you'll be confident all over the mountain. The cost might seem high for some, but when it comes to keeping my head and brain safe... I don't look for cheap options. You are getting what you pay for with this helmet.
- Top of the line protection
- Very comfortable
- Great ventilation
- Not the most seamless fit with other brand goggles
- Cant open or close front vents
The POC OBEX MIPS® Helmet offers all day comfort and protection to all-mountain skiers and snowboarders. The OBEX helmet is constructed with an EPS Foam Liner and an ABS outer shell to reduce weight but still provide durability and protection where it counts. The helmet features MIPS® technology for added safety, a 360º Fit System for liner adjustability, and adjustable vents for temperature regulation.
- MIPS® Technology – The Multi-Directional Impact System (MIPS) decreases trauma to the brain in cases of impact, by reducing rotational forces.
- 360 Fit System – An ergonomic dial at the back of the helmet allows the user to adjust the liner for a customized feel and fit.
- Ventilation – Sliding vent covers allow the user to regulate temperature and improve the airflow of the helmet at their own fingertips.