Jones Frontier Snowboard · 2022
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a snowboarding expert a question about this product
- What's a cheaper option?
- What should I compare this to?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What's a more premium option?
- Is this right for me?
- Ask your own question
The Jones Frontier Snowboard is Jones' most affordable board. The difference between this, and Jones' premium boards is that this board doesn't have expensive inserts, a wooden top sheet, or extra costly features. This is an all-mountain board that can be used as an all-around board. It's perfect for intermediate and advanced riders on a budget that want to focus on harder, powdery terrain.
- Directional Twin Shape – The board has a twin between the front and rear contact points, which makes this feel like a twin on groomers. However, when you hit powder, its larger nose tail helps it float in deep powder.
- 3D contouring – Jones is one of a few companies (Burton, Jones, and Bataleon) that can make 3D boards. 3D shapes make turning in powder much easier and more surf-like. They also reduce edge catching.
- Traction Tech 3.0 – Three extra contact points on the side of the board cut through snow and ice like a saw blade to help hold an edge on icier days.
- Sintered base – The Jones 8000 sintered base helps the bottom slide freely over snow, making this board faster.
- Good for the environment – Jones' commitment to green manufacturing means less impact on the environment. Jones uses recycled plastic for the sidewalls, recycled steel for the edges, environmentally safe wax, and exclusively solar energy for its factories.
The Jones Frontier is an excellent board for the all-mountain rider looking to push themselves from blues and greens to blues and blacks. It rides nicely on all types of terrain but seems to be somewhat fragile overall. Jones makes quality gear and many friends have had their Frontiers for over three season.
- The Frontier is great for steeps and cruising.
- Edge hold is great at high speed and controllable
- The Frontier can go anywhere on the mountain.
- My boards base had flaws and I warrantied it.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations