Burton Family Tree 3D Deep Daze Snowboard · 2023
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a snowboarding expert a question about this product
- Is this right for me?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What's a cheaper option?
- What's a more premium option?
- What should I compare this to?
- Ask your own question
The Burton Family Tree 3D Deep Daze is a true powder board. This is for the rider who wouldn't miss a powder day for anything, and craves the feeling of floating on the powder. With unique 3D shaping and a surfboard-inspired design, this board is great for surfing through the deepest snow that mother nature can offer.
- Directional Flat Top – This board has a flat camber leading into a larger rocker nose for maximum float in the deepest snow.
- 3D Shaping – A 3D contoured nose and tail provide surfy fun turns.
- The Channel Mounting System – The mounting system gives easy adjustability and customization. It is compatible with EST bindings and with other bindings via a compatible disc.
- Mid-Wide Waist – With a slightly wider waist that provides bigger surface area, you have plenty of board to keep above the snow on.
This board is so much fun for what it was designed for - to surf the snow! If you are looking for something with a loose, flowy, surf feel, this is the board for you. The incredibly unique channels, or inset "grooves" in the nose and tail provide incredible float and control in the powder. This super soft flexing board with an overall flat profile and rocker nose is mellow and easy going, but don't expect it to provide much stability through chop or at high speeds on hard pack.
I took this board through trees, powder, and groomers. It turned with ease in the trees, felt at home in the pow, and was super fun to carve on the groomers - as long as I didn't push it past it's easy going limit. The soft flex was really loose and fun, so much so that I couldn't help but press and butter it all over, but with the soft flex and flat profile it did not give me much snap back so I did fall forward during some maxed out nose presses. This board is awesome if you are looking to float in powder, keep it loose and flowy on groomers, and surprisingly enough could even be helpful if you are looking to learn how to press and butter.
- Mega float in deep powder
- Easy stylin' surf turns
- Keeping things feeling loose and playful
- Not very stable at high speeds
- The soft flex and flat-to-rocker profile doesn't hold up great to aggressive turning
- Not the best board choice for charging hard
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations