Jones Storm Chaser B-grade Snowboard · 2019
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
Ask a snowboard expert a question about this product
- Can you show me more like this?
- Is this right for me?
- What's a cheaper option?
- What should I compare this to?
- What's a more premium option?
- How does it compare to last year's model?
Jeremy Jones designed the Storm Chaser to be a dedicated powder slasher. This bad boy makes powder riding feel like surfing a big snowy wave. It is recommended for riders who want to add a playful powder board to their quiver for deep days. B-grade snowboards are boards with one or more cosmetic defects, but those defects will not affect the boards' performance.
- Volume Shifted – This board is extra wide so that you can ride it short but still float in powder. Shorter boards are much more fun for turning and slashing powder.
- Swallow Tail – The cut-off tail makes riding in powder less tiring. With twin boards, you have to press the tail down to keep your nose from taking a dive and throwing you over the front. With the cut-off back, the nose pushes you up much more than the tail, making riding through the powder feel natural and easy. Additionally, the swallow tail makes your rear contact point further back, so you can still get quite a bit of pop when jumping.
- 3D Shape – The 3D contouring that Jones builds into their boards makes riding through powder a dream. As of 2021, only a few companies (Burton, Jones, and Bataleon) have 3D contouring. 3D contouring angles the sides of the tip and tail up so that you can easily transition between edges and carve through powder in a more controlled way.
- Sintered Base – The Jones' sintered 8000 base makes the bottom extra slippery so you can speed over snow.
- Good for the Environment – Jones's commitment to green manufacturing means less impact on the environment. Jones uses recycled plastic for the sidewalls, recycled steel for the edges, environmentally-safe wax, and exclusively solar energy for its factories.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations.
Surf rocker profile with a fishtail, this thing is a true pow surfer! 3D 3.0 contour base has uprising fenders to the nose for huge effortless float in pow. Mid to stiff flexing to handle all types of terrain, and progressive sidecut which makes it still fun to carve up the groomers. Bamboo surf core, with stingers position through the board for added stability and pop. Take this board to the deepest....Japow might be calling!