Jones Hovercraft Snowboard · 2022
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
Ask a snowboard expert a question about this product
- How does it compare to last year's model?
- What's a cheaper option?
- What's a more premium option?
- Is this right for me?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What should I compare this to?
The Jones Hovercraft is a premium freeride option from Jones that is nimble, stable at speed, and a slayer in the powder. This board is wide and has a medium-stiff flex at 7/10 on Jones' scale, making it geared for intermediate to expert riders looking for a hard-charging freeride board that carves well on groomers, can handle the steeps, and floats in the powder. This board is volume shifted, and has a powder-friendly directional-rocker profile and 3D contoured base that is quick to turn and is very surfy all over the mountain. Due to its swallowtail, it is not ideal for riding switch.
- 3D Contoured Base – Freeride-focused 3D Contour Base has 7mm of spoon bevel in the nose and 0 - 7mm of spoon bevel in the tail. The Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point and makes turning easier and more smooth.
- Volume Shifted – The board is designed to be ridden shorter than usual. Its wide width and compact shape make it both floaty and nimble.
- Traction Tech Edges – Traction tech 3.0 serrated edges hold really well even in icy conditions, and hardpack snow.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations.
This is for an advanced rider who likes to carve, ride trees, and shred open bowls and steeps. The large nose and wider shape give it tons of float - you really have to try to bury the nose. When you get it on edge it is a carving machine. If you like to lay out your carve and make big, wide turns down the fall line, this is the board for you. It's fast on the cat tracks and surprisingly forgiving, but it demands a strong rider. I can't say enough how fun this thing is to rail turns and slash pow. It can get surfy when you want it but it's really locked in. Get some responsive bindings for this bad boy.