Lib Tech Orca Snowboard · 2022
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a snowboarding expert a question about this product
- What's a more premium option?
- What should I compare this to?
- Is this right for me?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What's a cheaper option?
- Ask your own question
The Lib Tech Orca is a versatile all-mountain/freeride board built for intermediate and advanced level riders. This board can rail carves on groomers and navigate tight trees, however, the Orca is truly at home in deep powder and big mountain terrain. The volume shifted shape makes the Orca wider than standard boards, and allows it to be ridden 3-6cm shorter than a rider would typically ride. Key Features:
- C2X Camber Profile – This hybrid contour is designed with a shortened middle rocker section to create a medium amount of pressure between the feet for improved edge hold and increased float, while camber underfoot adds pressure in the tip and tail to increase power, pop, and stability.
- Medium / Stiff Flex – This flex is ideal for intermediate to advanced riders who want to be able to ride fast and have responsive edge-to-edge transitions, but don’t want to lose the board’s playfulness for more surfy runs.
- Magne-Traction Edges – Lib Tech's Magne-Traction technology features 7 strategically located serrations along each edge to improve edge grip and board control in icy or hardpacked snow conditions.
- Volume Shifted – The board’s volume is moved from the ends of the board to underfoot, which is why the board is wider. This makes the board easier to control through trees and in deep powder.
This freeride board would be great for an advanced/expert male or female rider looking to shred hard. It is a stiffer flex and has great control and stability at high speeds. It has quick turn initiation and is wider than usual being a volume-shifted board, so it plows through uneven terrain easily as well. This board is not overly playful, so would not be as recommended to a rider with a freestyle flair who likes to hit jumps.
- Powerful carving board
- Great flotation in powder
- Very stable at high speeds
- Not very playful
- The topsheet doesn't seem as durable and chip resistant as some
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations