Burton Free Thinker Snowboard · 2022
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
This board is for any advanced freerider/all-mtn rider who wants a camber board to rip the steeps and deeps as well as the park all in the same day. When I first got this board, I noticed how stiff it was. This combined with the camber profile allowed me to rip carves at high speed while feeling stable. This thing can handle all speeds and the stiffness allows it to take bumps with ease. I love this board on steep, technical days with lots of pow. The camber also gives it a lot of pop so it's fun in the park as well. Not my go to pow board but still handles it.
- This board is made for the advanced freerider/park rat who wants to go fast and big
- The camber profile makes this thing carve like a dream and also give it tons of pop
- The stiff flex and true twin make this a powder hound. Regular or switch
- Not the most fun or playful in the park, but true twin shape makes it viable
The Burton Free Thinker is a board for the more advanced rider who wants a board with tons of energy. With a camber profile and a twin shape, this board will feel at home in the park, launching off a side hit, or sliding into turns.
- 45° Carbon Highlights – This angle helps deliver snap and a more aggressive ride while also fine-tuning the torsional flex of the board.
- The Channel Mounting System – Burton's binding mounting system enables the rider to adjust their stance to any width, making sure that they can ride how they want, and is compatible with all major binding brands.
- Pro-Tip – Tapered tip and tail reduces the swing weight for easier turns.
This is the perfect next level board for someone who looking to get more out of their board. It requires skill as for learning on this will be a bit challenging. However, with it mid stiff profile and high camber, making jumps, butters, and hittings rails are all new areas to unlock on the mountain.
Personally, I have taken this board and held speeds of 50+ and had no issue. Never experienced speed wobbles on this board. Popping is so easy and doing butters are flawless.
- Hitting up the park
- All mountain
- Handles well under high speeds
- Powder - don't do it
- Beginners will have a learning curve
- Not enough float due to high amounts of camber
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations