The Curated Take
I’ve owned the board for 5 seasons as an international coach, and I love it. However, it does want to be pushed hard!
The board has one of my favorite profiles in triple camber, it’s got a legendary edge hold and dampening, I’ve never been on a more damp and pleasant board at speed.
The pop is nice and consistent, and it’s easy enough to ride switch, although I don’t find myself there often.
NS often has a reputation for durable boards, and this is no different, she’s a touch on the heavy side, but you won’t notice it while riding, especially in its comfort zone.
- Aggressive carving
- Backcountry freestyle
- Less stable at lower speeds
- Can be tough to flatboard
The Never Summer Proto FR X Snowboard is intended for riders demanding a board with unparalleled grip, stability, power, and pop in an explosive freeride machine. Never Summer’s new patented Triple Camber Profile brings a new perspective to snowboard designs with three unique zones of camber; one in the center and two on the outer edges of the feet with rocker in between. The sidecut on the Proto FR X has multiple radii for added control and response in any snow condition.
- Triple Camber Profile – This new camber design creates the ultimate in edge hold, stability, power, pop, speed, float, and forgiveness.
- WooBoo Wood Core – A precise mix of the highest quality woods and bamboo which increases performance and versatility.
- Bi-Lite Fiberglass – This technology delivers incredible freestyle and freeride performance without sacrificing durability.