Get free gear advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
The Tour Edge Launch E522 is a good budget-friendly driver for those looking to add a new or a first-time driver into their bag. It has a good distance off the tee, and a solid launch angle and overall feel. It lacks the workability and movement from off the tee that other higher-end drivers provide. I tend to hit a cut shot and struggled with more of a slice when I didn't hit it well.
- Large Clubhead
- Decent launch angle
- Comparable with other higher end drivers on distance
- Difficult working the ball off the tee, tended to slice verses cut the ball
The Tour Edge Hot Launch E522 Driver is engineered for higher handicap players seeking to slow slice-spin, straightening out ball flights for deeper distance. Fast face technologies combine with shorter shaft lengths and put a premium on center contact for a stable move through impact.
- Houdini Sole Technology – Allowing the distribution of added weight low in the club to deliver a deep center of gravity optimizes launch conditions for targeted ball flights.
- Diamond Face 2.0 – Numerous thick and thin diamond shape structures in the face act as "mini-trampolines" to ramp up ball launch and speeds for deeper carry distances.
- Heel Weighted – An offset design along with heel weights delivers powerful slice fighting capabilities.
- Controlled Shaft Lengths – Putting an emphasis on center contact, short shaft lengths are designed into the driver.