Get fast, free advice from Curated's Real Experts
The Curated Take
The Tour Edge E522 wedge is going to be suited for the newer golfer or someone looking to buy a newer wedge who maybe doesn't play a lot. This wedge has all the basics it needs to suit the average player. It is easy to swing out of the rough with its large face and sole. It will spin the ball on further back shots but is going to be more of a chip and roll out option around the greens.
- Sound has a crisp sound on contact
- Was able to get the ball to stop from 25-50 yards
- Easy to make contact out of the rough
- Is not going to check the ball instantly, consistently next to the green
The Tour Edge Hot Launch E522 Wedge is designed for mid to high handicap players who are seeking a forgiving wedge to maximize short game shot consistency from a variety of locations around the green. Merging a large shape construction with wide soles that are weighted for a low center of gravity provides golfers a wedge that creates dependable shot trajectories despite impact errors.
- Houdini Sole – A raised steel mass at the rear of the club head along with a curved leading edge under the face reduces drag and turf interaction for consistent ball flights.
- Wide Sole – The lower center of gravity and heavier head weight within the wide sole improves contact from a variety of lies.
- Deep Undercut Cavity – Redistributed weight from the undercut cavity creates a higher launch with more spin for extreme playability from the sand and rough.
- Extra Large Face – Providing a large hitting area and raised MOI, the shaping delivers an expanded sweet spot for consistent launch across the face.
- Full-Face Grooves – Full-face coverage grooves, up to the allowed USGA limits in depth and sharpness, provides exceptional spin control.