Get fast, free advice from Curated's Real Experts
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
The T22 wedge line from Mizuno is an all around excellent wedge. These wedges range from 45-62 degrees and come in 4 different grind options (S, D, C, and X). The wedge has a very traditional shape with a small head and sets up very nicely behind the ball.
I own these wedges in the 50S, 56D, and 60C options. I have played them for about a year and have been very impressed for several reasons. First, the feel is very soft and makes delicate shots around the green a pleasure to play. The overall spin and spin retention, specifically in wet conditions, is one of the best I have seen and allows you to stop the ball on a dime from a variety of lies and conditions.
This wedge is geared towards the better player, as the small head shape does not offer much forgiveness. They are capable of executing any shot type, especially when you dial in the correct grind for your playing style. I have also noticed that the sole of the higher lofted wedges is a bit wider compared to some other brands, so it may not be optimal for those who want maximum versatility out of their sand/lob wedges. Even in the lower bounce options, the rounded leading edge makes picking the ball clean off the turf in firm conditions a little difficult. Overall, this wedge is a great option for mid-low handicappers who enjoy traditional wedge shaping in a maximum spin package.
- This wedge is a great option for those who love a traditional wedge look with maximum spin, even in wet conditions
- Great pick for those who want flexibility in different wedge grinds to optimize turf interaction
- Best option for players who like to be creative around the green and hit a variety of shots
- Smaller head/traditional shaping, so not a great option for those needing forgiveness out of a wedge
- Sole of club is a bit wider even in the lower bounce options, so may not be preferred for those who want maximum versatility
- Leading edges in higher lofts are more rounded and may not be best option for firm conditions
The Mizuno® T22 Satin Chrome Wedge delivers lower- to mid-handicap players a soft forged wedge with appealing feel and aesthetics. Multiple bounce and grind options in a blade, teardrop shaped design enables masterful shot techniques to produce targeted ball fights from any greenside lie.
- Modified Teardrop Shaping – Built with an extensively bevelled top edge within a compact design creates the appearance of a thinner edge for appealing aesthetics.
- Soft Copper Underlay – Delivering an extra millisecond of control at impact, a microlayer of copper is underlaid in the wedge.
- Blade Design – By flaring or tapering the upper portion of the blade creates a more penetrating ball flight from higher consistent spin.
- HydroFlow Micro Grooves – Releasing caught moisture and reducing spin drop off, these HydroFlow Micro Grooves are laser etched into the face.