Darn Tough Men's Backwoods OTC Lightweight With Cushion W/ Padded Shin Socks
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
Ask a winter sports expert a question about this product
- Can you show me more like this?
- What should I compare this to?
- What's a more premium option?
- Is this right for me?
- What's a cheaper option?
The Darn Tough Men's Backwoods Over-the-Calf Lightweight ski & snowboard socks are ideal for winter-sports entusiasts who need light padding to boost their leg comfort. These socks feature cushioning throughout the foot and bonus padding through the shin that helps protect against discomfort from ski and snowboard boots.
- Performance Fit – This design eliminates bunching, slipping, and hot spots during movement for ultimate comfort, regardless of activity.
- Wicking – These socks are made of quick-drying merino wool, which naturally pulls moisture away from the skin for superior comfort.
- True Seamless – The seamless construction method leaves seams undetectable for a more comfortable feel without any unwanted friction from material overlap.
- Guaranteed for Life – Darn Tough's lifetime warrantyguarantees satisfaction with the product.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations.
The importance of a ski-specific sock is often the most overlooked piece of kit. Ski boot issues are often diagnosed with an ill-fitting or ill-performing sock. There should ben nothing in your ski boot except your foot covered by a ski specific sock (keep the legs of your long underwear out of your boots too!). It can seem counterintuitive, but a lighter weight sock will actually keep your feet warmer. Too thick of a sock not only causes pain and hot spots, but constricts blood flow and takes up the small and valuable air pockets within the boot that your foot should be heating up and thusly keeping your feet warm. I recommend skiing with the lightest weight sock you can get away with and with minimal cushioning. This Over the Calf Lightweight option is my pick for 99% of clients. It's a nominal investment that doesn't just help those expensive boots you bought perform like they should, but insures comfort and a longer pain free ski day.