Salomon S/Max 120 Ski Boots · 2022
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
The Salomon S/Max 120 Ski Boot is a performance-oriented ski boot with a stiff flex for on piste skiing. Its 98mm last provides a precise lower volume fit that’s ready to be customized with Salomon’s moldable Custom Shell HD technology. Reinforcing key areas of the boot let Salomon use thinner materials throughout the shell to reduce weight and make the boot more responsive. Salomon’s S/Max 120’s stiffer flex makes it a good boot for advanced and expert skiers.
- 98m Last – The 98mm last provides an initial low volume fit before the boot is molded.
- Custom Shell HD – The entire shell of the S/Max 120 is heat moldable, and the last width can be increased to up to 104m.
- Coreframe Construction – Salomon’s Coreframe construction adds carbon reinforcement to improve stability and power transfer. This lets Salomon use thinner materials throughout the boot to make it more sensitive and responsive.
- 120 Flex – A 120 flex is appropriate for advanced and expert skiers.
- Seamless Liner – A seamless liner reduces friction inside the boot.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations.
The Salomon S/Max 120 is a great boot option with an easily customizable fit. It has a 98mm last, so it's a lower volume boot, but the entire shell is heat moldable, so it will stretch around your foot for a full custom fit and can be blow out to approximately 104mm. Salomon's core frame construction stiffens key areas of the boot to improve power transfer. These have GripWalk soles, so they're easier to walk around in than a typical alpine boot. They have some rubber for traction and a little rocker to the toe for a more natural stride.