The Curated Take
The Tecnica Cochise 130 boot is the go-to boot for advanced and expert skiers who want the stiffest and strongest boot to ski in the resort with, but also have the ability to tour uphill with. The downhill performance is equal to any resort boot you can get, almost indistinguishable from stiff boots that don't feature a walk mode. Going uphill, the mechanism is smooth and extremely easy to use. Putting aside the weight, which is certainly right at the upper limit of what you should consider using for uphill use, the hiking capability of the Cochise is outstanding. The liner is the best I've used, both in support and heel lock, but the lacing feature helps provide consistent pressure and hold without needlessly tightening the buckles.
- Best liner I've ever used.
- Walk mode is smooth, and easy to engage.
- Strong and supportive for aggressive and larger skiers.
- Heavy to hike uphill with
The Tecnica Cochise 130 DYN Ski Boots are the ultimate hybrid ski boots that combine the best of both worlds. With a full-gas 4-buckle alpine boot design and the versatility and walkability of a touring boot, these boots are perfect for freeriders, ski patrollers, and high-performance alpine skiers who need one boot to do it all. The C.A.S. shell and liner provide an out-of-the-box fit with industry-leading customization capabilities for those who require extra attention to their feet.
- Hybrid Design: Hybrid ski boot that combines the performance of an alpine boot with the versatility and walkability of a touring boot.
- T-Ride Walk Mechanism: The reimagined T-Ride walk mechanism adapts technology from Tecnica's Zero G line to be more freeride-oriented for maximum downhill performance while maintaining exceptional walkability.
- Customizable Fit: The C.A.S. shell and liner provide an out-of-the-box fit with industry-leading customization capabilities for those whose feet require extra attention.
- All-Day Comfort: Whether you're setting out on an all-day mission or just taking a short hike up the ridge, these boots offer comfort throughout your entire day on the mountain.
- Legendary Performance: For over a decade now, Tecnica's Cochise franchise has continuously raised the bar in hybrid ski boots category - earning legendary status through years of consistent greatness.