Get free gear advice from an expert
The Curated Take
Initially skeptical, I had a chance to test them for several range sessions and a few rounds at my local. These Cobra One-Length irons are pretty solid. They are cavity backs, making them forgiving across the face, soft at impact, and high launching…all that marketing jazz is accurate with these irons. The one-length concept is a little quirky and takes some time to accommodate. Every club in the set is the same length as the 7-iron. I tested a 5-iron through gap wedge. The 6-iron and 5-iron are much easier to hit than a standard set, but the gap wedge was unhittable for me. The shaft length made it too upright for me and had me shanking full swings. I could chip and pitch with it, but anything more than a half swing was off the hosel. Good set for a high handicap player with trouble hitting the mid-length irons. Skilled played should steer toward any of the forged offerings by Cobra.
- All irons are the length of a 7-iron
- Golfers who want a game improvement cavity back iron
- Players who seek forgiveness and launch
- The gap wedge is too upright and shankable.
- Skilled players should try Cobra Tec One-Length irons
The Cobra LTDx ONE Length Iron Set is designed to deliver many mid-handicap golfers a consistent approach to each set-up with every iron the length of a 7-iron. A flexible face structure rebounds energized speed from many impact points, compounding on the improved center contact position and delivering easier distance.
- PWR-COR System – Creating a flexible face to impart maximum ball speeds, a PWR-COR System engineers a fully suspended core bar within a soft polymer positioned behind the hitting area.
- PWRSHELL Face – A thin face structure over an expansive area of the face and wrapped around the sole revs up high ball velocities and launch angles for massive distance from a variety of impact points.
- CNC Milled Grooves – Engineered with a CNC Milling process to precisely shape each groove to grab each golf ball and impart maximum spin and drop and stop spin control.