Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
I've used this boot for around 40 days, which included full on mid-season pow, spring couloirs, resort skiing, and everything in between. I've been nothing but impressed with how well this boot can hike and how stiff and reliable it becomes for descending. The Hoji system makes for a simple transition and an unbelievable range of motion (I've joked that I could probably drive a manual with these boots on). For a fairly lightweight boot, the Radical Pro skis really well and can handle heavy landings and sketchy conditions. On the uphill side, it's a bit chunkier than the lightest boots on the market, but the range of motion allows for comfy and efficient skinning. Most importantly, the comfortability of this boot is unmatched. I spent a week living in a tent and filming in Sweden, and despite my boots staying on for 10+ hours per day, I didn't get tired of them. The soft sole is something to consider for people who spend large amounts of time scrambling without crampons. It can withstand normal parking lot wear-and-tear, but the tread has started working it's way down after a few rocky ascents. That being said, the overall durability of the boot is great from what I've seen so far.
- Great for long approaches and lots of time in the boots
- Stiff and reliable for technical skiing in no-fall terrain
- Comfortable for those with a wider foot
- Soft sole that can wear quickly on rock and can't be replaced
- Heavier than ultralight touring boots
The 2023 Dynafit Radical Pro is a lightweight touring boot with an emphasis on downhill performance. Using Dynafit's signature Hoji system, this boot maximizes movement and comfort for long days in the backcountry. A last of 103.5mm means that this boot is perfect for those with a slightly wider foot, and a simple three-buckle system ensures a snug fit. The Radical Pro has a flex of 120 and a forward lean of 11 degrees, making it a great tool for aggressive skiers hoping to push their equipment. Finally, weighing in at 1400 grams per boot, the Radical Pro makes quick work of long climbs without sacrificing the fun of the descent.
- Hoji Lock System – This boot allows for 60 degrees of upper cuff rotation, allowing for uphill comfort and efficiency. Simultaneously, the Hoji system allows for quick transitions from skinning to skiing by integrating the power strap and upper buckle with the walk mode lever.
- Pomoca Climb GripWalk Sole – A soft but durable sole means better traction on scrambles, bootpacks, and in icy parking lots.
- Radical Pro Liner – For long tours and difficult descents, this liner is comfortable and heat-moldable to reduce rubbing and maximize power transfer.
- Pro Driving Spoiler – If 11 degrees of forward lean isn't enough, a spoiler is included to push the upper cuff further toward the front.