The Curated Take
As a boot fitter at my local ski shop, I have tried on and tested a wide variety of boots. I find the atomic boots in general to be very comfortable and this one is especially snug. The flex on these boots was a little too soft, but I think they are perfect for a beginner skier. They are very easy to flex and assert control over the ski. Typically new skiers want a boot with low flex and a relaxed fit which this boot provides.
- Easy to flex and control, great for beginners
- Liner fits accurately and they are comfortable boots to wear all day
- These boots work well in a variety of terrain on resort
- Flex is very low so not ideal for more advanced skiers
- No walk mode or grip walk which makes them hard to walk around in
The Atomic Hawx Prime – for when you don’t want to fuss over your gear – you just want to ski. For newcomers to the sport or for lighter female riders with a medium-sized foot, this is the all-mountain boot for you. Built with Prolite, a revolutionary light construction with added reinforcements in key zones for powerful skiing, the 3D Silver liner has an anatomical first fit, and the shell, cuff, and liner can be further customized for a personalized fit. One of the biggest complaints of skiers is the discomfort of ski boots – but the Legendary Hawx Feel will make your feet happy. And that means fun skiing.