Get free gear advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
I have had two of these backpacks in the last 15 years, my first one lasting for about 12 years before it was finally time to say goodbye. I have used it for everything from short backpacking trips, to climbing days, to a school pack, and everything in between. It has a main compartment, a small mesh top pocket, an large outside pocket, two water bottle pockets, and a pocket on either side of the waist belt. With all the storage compartments, it's really easy to stay organized no matter what you're doing. Osprey really knows what they're doing and has a lot of other features too such as a helmet carry on the outside of the pack (for ski, bike, or climbing helmets), a whistle on the sternum strap (easy to blow in an emergency), a mesh back panel to offer ventilation on sweaty hikes, and an internal hydration bladder sleeve for a water reservoir to easily fit without smushing your other gear. Though it's not the most minimal pack, or the lightest pack if that's your main concern - it is absolutely great for any other kind of outdoor enthusiast, or someone looking for a versatile pack to carry on all of their adventures.
- Incredibly durable
- Super breathable back panel
- Well-thought out pocket designs
- A bit on the heavier side
- Not waterproof
- A lot of bells and whistles, not a super minimalist pack
The Osprey Talon 22 is a lightweight daypack designed for those who pursue multi-sport adventures. The pack features a harness and hip belt, as well as attachments for a trekking pole, ice axe, and bike helmet.
- Airscape Suspension – The breathable, close-to-body fit allows for dynamic movement.
- Sustainable Materials – The bag is constructed from bluesign® approved recycled nylon and features a PFC (perfluorinated chemicals) free DWR coating.
- Made for Movement – A lightweight design and maximized stability allow for a range of movement even in the most technical applications.