Get free gear advice from an expert
The Curated Take
I think I could tell you a club from every major manufacturer in the last twenty years. I am no savant, but I bet if I sat down I could remember at least one club from a friends bag, or my own, or that i saw in a pro shop of every type from every manufacturer. But I would never be able to tell you a Mizuno driver. For most of my life, I am not entirely sure Mizuno even made drivers. If they did, I missed it because even the loyalists I have known never played the company's woods.
I suspect that wont be the same for the younger players arriving on the scene in the next few years and with current juniors. This driver is amazing, the only critique I have is that my spin numbers were low, but I am not necessarily someone who creates a massive amount of spin with the driver to begin with so for me personally it wasnt the one, but even then the quality and obvious appeal is enough to make me curious about having one in my Sunday set. It is an exceedingly fun driver to play.
- Quiet sound at impact.
- Low spin.
- Adjustable hosel.
- Low spin, could go either way.
The Mizuno ST-Z 220 Driver is engineered for mid-handicap golfers seeking a driver setup to produce low spinning, straight bombs to the fairway. A balanced heel-to-toe construction with central back weight and a ground-hugging profile delivers a low center of gravity and confidence-inspiring ball flights.
- Optimized Wave Sole – Along with a multi-thickness CORTECH design and forged SAT2041 Beta Ti Face material, Wave Sole technology optimizes ball speeds across delivering consistent distance.
- Straight Flight Bias – Producing a low spin ball flight to improve accuracy, a Z-axis construction positions weight across the heel and toe for a balanced attack at impact.
- Modern Players Profile – A slightly open to square look at the address in a 460cc volume head includes a stabilizing weight in the back of the driver for maximum forgiveness.
- Quick Switch Adjustability – Hosel adjustability with 4 degrees of loft tuning enables golfers to magnify their desired ball flight for consistent tracking to the center of the fairway.