Get fast, free advice from Curated's Real Experts
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
The Mizuno ST-X 220 hybrid boasts high forgiveness, easy launch, and a draw bias ball flight to help mid to high-handicap players overcome a slice or a lower ball flight. During my testing of the ST-X 200 hybrid, I was very impressed by how soft the feel was on contact and truly how easy it was to get a nice high-launching ball flight, in part due to the Wave Sole for effortless turf interaction. I tend to hit more of a draw as my typical shot shape, so the draw bias nature wasn't the best suited for me, but can see it helping out players that see a right miss or slice with their current hybrid. I hit the ball all over the face on the hybrid and thought the higher forgiveness was really effective in keeping shots straight and getting consistent distances. On the topic of distance, Mizuno has implemented the thinnest face to date on the ST-X 220. This helps to maximize ball speeds and gain as much distance as possible. I highly recommend this hybrid to anyone looking for an easy-to-swing draw-bias option.
- Players looking for a high forgiveness hybrid.
- Draw bias setup and ball flight.
- Soft feel.
- Not the best for shot shaping in both directions.
- Players looking for a piercing ball flight.
- No adjustability. Fixed hosel.
The Mizuno ST-X 220 Hybrid is engineered to produce a higher, draw biased ball flight. This design will assist players needing help elevating their launch angle, achieving the most distance. This hybrid has the thinnest face in Mizuno history resulting in the highest recorded ball speeds from centered strikes. Harmonic Impact is implemented in this hybrid, providing optimal feel and a sound to love when the club face strikes the golf ball. Available in 4, 5 or 6 hybrid.
- High Draw Flight Bias – The ultra light crown design of the clubhead promotes the desired high draw.
- MAS1C Face – This ultra thin face produced the highest ball speeds in Mizuno Hybrid history.
- Harmonic Impact Research – The R&D implemented in the hybrid achieves an excellent combination of a solid club face feel accompanied by a crisp sound.