Instantly connect & get free advice from a golf expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
The Mizuno ST-X 220 fairway wood is an easy to launch option that produces a very soft feel and a draw bias ball flight. Similar to the driver and fairway wood, the ST-X 220 hybrid includes a pushed back and lower center of gravity to promote the high launch and draw bias ball flight. Similar to the fairway wood, the hybrid also includes the Wave Sole which is beneficial for effortless turf interaction. In my testing, I found the ST-X 220 fairway wood to be easy to hit and really found the soft feel to be pleasing. I would highly recommend the ST-X 220 fairway wood to any mid to high-handicap player looking for a high launching, draw bias option to use off the tee or in the fairway or rough.
- Higher forgiveness model.
- Easy launch.
- Draw bias ball flight.
- Not ideal for shaping shots both directions.
- No adjustability.
The Mizuno ST-X 220 Fairway Wood has an aerodynamic design for easy use on varying lies, from tight fairway positions to thicker rough on the golf course. This wood is geared more towards the mid to high handicap golfer seeking faster ball speeds for longer distance and a bias geared towards hitting a high, draw ball flight.
- SAT2041 Beta Ti Multi-Thickness CORTECH Face – The 3-wood is fully titanium which achieves the highest ever ball speeds from a Mizuno fairway wood.
- MAS1C Maraging Face – The third generation of Mizuno's optimized CORTECH face with variable thickness to produce faster ball speeds for added distance in the 5 and 7-wood.
- Mizuno's X-Axis Design – The waffle crown is ultra light while more weight has been added deeper into the club head to encourage a high, draw biased ball flight.
- Re-Engineered Wave Technology – The fairway specific Wave design shifts the clubhead mass to lower the COG and raise MOI even higher, producing faster ball speeds on strikes low on the club face.